Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Artistic Value of the Cum Shot

So, I came across this fairly amusing article about a porn star who is also working on a law degree. Apparently the reason she has embarked on this unusual career path is because she wants to campaign for worker protection- specifically for STDs:
According to a recent study Traci cites, for example, the rates of Chlamydia infections alone among adult film actors are about fifty-seven times higher than what state officials consider epidemic proportions. And she can vouch for the problem firsthand. “I haven’t seen a dick with no bumps on it in a long time. It’s gross.”

Fighting for increased health and safety rights and other legal protections for adult film performers has been a major part of Traci’s life for the past few years, and is part of the reason she decided to go to law school in the first place.
I've run across the idea of condom-only porn before, but objections have included (mostly jokingly) the artistic value of the cum shot. And again, I reveal myself to be a libertarian of convenience... I wouldn't be that averse to porn producers having to screen their actors for STDs/using condoms if it meant that the mastrubatory fantasies of teenage boys would no longer have to include a strange burning sensation after the act...

:)

Though I think part of the problem is that the actors in the porn industry don't have that much power. Would this be less of an issue if porn production were legal in more states? If the whole thing weren't questionably legal in many places?

I hope so, because I prefer my porn herpes free. And angry kitten friendly.

No comments: